Epic Games Unreal Engine Epic Games Forums Epic Games Community

Alvaro Stuardo Bravo has been impressing us for almost two years with his amazing sculptures. Since those first sculptures, his talent has continued to grow and he is quickly becoming a world class artist. Alvaro recently surprised us with a beautiful sculpture based on the Gears of War: Judgment Reaper. I carried it around the studio and people were so amazed at the detail. It will soon find it’s home hanging on the Epic walls.

Epic Gamer and artist Tim Fangon chats with Alvaro about sculpting and other mediums he enjoys.

966372_331802133613500_473553535_oTim F: How did you get started sculpting?

Alvaro B: I started sculpting 2 years ago with a lot of questions about materials and techniques, learning from YouTube and after all the research now I feel more confident about my sculptures.

I started after I saw “Inside the Wicked Workshop” on YouTube from Chris Perna, to me was very inspiring.

TF: Who is your favorite Gears of War Character to sculpt?

AB: Definitely Marcus Fenix, I believe Marcus is the most awesome Character in the game. :)

TF: Could you describe the process for the sculpture?999059_10151843181449230_2052617188_n

AB: I start with an armature made of metal, then I cover the armature with aluminum foil. Then I start modeling the clay over the aluminum foil with rough shapes until I feel comfortable with the results. I bake the clay and the statue is ready for the paint job!

TF: What kind of clay do you use?

AB: I use Super Sculpey and Sculpey Firm which is a type of polymer clay that can be molded and put into a conventional oven to harden.

TF: How did you make it look like bronze?

AB: That was the paint job made it by my Girlfriend Carla, she painted several layers of different colors to get that finish and then she added some clear coats to bring some shine :)

964503_342751579185222_34180249_oTF: Did you know the sculpture will be on display at Epic Headquarters?

AB: That’s gonna be Fantastic! And makes me feel very happy because you guys likes what I do, to me is an honor.

TF: When did you start sketching?

AB: I been sketching all my life, I love to make drawings and When I saw Gears of War I knew that I wanted to keep improving my sketches. I loved to make drawings using just a regular ball pen and maybe some polychromes!

TF: How long have you been drawing?

AB: All my life! Since I was 4 years old.

TF: Do you create any art on PC?

AB: Yes. I make drawings using Photoshop and recently I started using Z-Brush which is pretty awesome. :)

TF: Which do you like to do more, sketch or sculpt?

AB: I don’t know which is better but I try to do both things because one helps to improve the other and because both makes me happy.

Alvaro on deviantART
Epic Gamers on deviantART

OSTCover_FINAL4The website videogamewriters.com recently posted the top 15 video game soundtracks. Two titles from Epic Games made it to the list. They decided to list only original soundtracks, not ones created as compilations. Gears of War by Kevin Riepl comes in as number twelve on the list.

Jen Bosier says, ” It’s easy to forget how revolutionary Gears was when it first released, with every aspect of the game feeling like a grand experiment. This extends to Riepl’s soundtrack which effortlessly blends strong, militaristic themes with foreboding sounds typically reserved for horror offerings.”

At number seven is The Bulletstorm Soundtrack by Michael Cielecki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz. “Cielecki’s mix of chorals and brass plays as a homage to epic action set pieces and thrilling, tense adventures. There isn’t a weak track on the album and chances are you’ll find yourself remembering your favorite skill shots.”

You can get a track from each of the soundtracks for free from the Epic 20th Anniversary Original Soundtrack. You can also download the complete Bulletstorm soundtrack for free, from FilePlanet.

6sept_reaperbodyv5final_lo_by_arukun14-d6l8mjzWe’ve added three new Reapers this week for the Reaper Festival! If you’re looking to earn your Reaper Medal and Weapon Skin this is the event for you!

The Reaper Festival is every Saturday at 12 PM PST / 3 PM EST / 8 PM GMT and usually last a few hours. The group usually plays Team Deathmatch and Free-For-All. If you want to join in on the action just visit the forum thread and send a message to the lobby hosts.

The Xbox live links to hosts are available on the thread. All of the reaper action will be streamed live on EV0L0NE’sTwitch.tv channel and you can watch the matches while you wait for an invite.

Reaper Festival Thread

EV0L0NE’S Live Stream

You will still also be able to find some of the developers from Epic Games playing as the Reaper as well as Raczilla, Cher, Zap, DarkAp89 and Fl4k, and the Reaper Festival Reapers, I EV0L 0NE I, Alex Brand LE and LeMansFahrer.

Read more ...

September 19th 2013 – September 30th 2013
5sep_cartoonreaper_by_arukun14-d6l8ojeReapers Worldwide are celebrating 6 Months Gears of War: Judgment’s release and the community Reaper program with a Reaper Anniversary Party. The Reaper Festival is a community event where you can play against the Community Epic Reapers that Epic Games selects every week.

If you’re looking to earn your Reaper Medal and Weapon Skin this is the event for you!

The Reaper Festival is every Saturday at 12 PM PST / 3 PM EST / 8 PM GMT and usually last a few hours. The group usually plays Team Deathmatch and Free-For-All. If you want to join in on the action just visit the forum thread and send a message to the lobby hosts.

The Xbox live links to hosts are available on the thread.

All of the reaper action will be streamed live on EV0L0NE’sTwitch.tv channel and you can watch the matches while you wait for an invite.

Reaper Festival Thread

EV0L0NE’S Live Stream

You will still also be able to find some of the developers from Epic Games playing as the Reaper as well as Raczilla, Cher, Zap, DarkAp89 and Fl4k, and the Reaper Festival Reapers, I EV0L 0NE I, Alex Brand LE and LeMansFahrer.

We’re bringing back some of our former Reapers to join in the fun and our new Reapers have been chosen! !

Brad – UK – Gamertag: SHiIfT N DRiiFT
Kyle – US – Gamertag: FellBluedodger
Neil – US – Gamertag: MVViking71
Cody – Canada – Gamertag: CptSharppz
Lance – USA – Gamertag: DreadfulRaven
Scott – USA – Gamertag: xXx TacComm xXx
Nick – US – Gamertag:  NickKrause
Frank  – Australia – Gamertag: lordwestie
Chris – US – Gamertag: Gorgon Freeman
Mel – Australia – Gamertag: M3LBBY
Marcus – UK – Gamertag: BRODIEMAN
Simon – UK – Gamertag: Slays
Engin – Turkey – Gamertag: Ashes2Gnashers
Linda – US – Gamertag: saaaaaaaammm
Julio – Brazil – Gamertag: JPK l P4L4D1N0
Max – Brazil – Gamertag: Morocoto
Idris – UK – Gamertag: ImDzombieLegend
Wendy – UK – Gamertag: Mad Bad Vixen 
Alex – US – Gamertag: ElJibaro25
Stefano – Italy – Gamertag: STEPLATONE

Follow the Reaper_Tracker for hints where they will be. Thanks to Gnashes and Bizkitdoh for the feed and good luck slaying the Reaper!

September 10th 2013 – September 17th 2013
6sept_reaperbodyv5final_lo_by_arukun14-d6l8mjzEach week, members from the Gears of War community will be chosen to be the Epic Reaper. Members will be chosen based on their contributions to the community. We also wanted to showcase some artwork recently created by Tim Fangon of Team Epic Gamers. “Arukun14″ has been creating art based on all of Epic’s IPs for a few years now, and he never fails to surprise us with his work. Over the next few weeks we’ll be showcasing some more amazing Gears of War: Judgment Reaper art, so keep watching!

You can follow Tim on the following sites and social media. You can find the original Reaper post HERE.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/arukun14
Instagram: http://instagram.com/arukun14
Twitter: http://twitter.com/arukun14

Our new group has been chosen! We’re still waiting to hear back from some more reapers so stay tuned.

5sep_cartoonreaper_by_arukun14-d6l8ojeEach will receive a custom Gears of War: Judgment dog tag.

Be sure to join them this week, because rumor has it that @Petenub has doubled the XP in Gears of War: Judgment!

Julio – Brazil – Gamertag: JPK l P4L4D1N0
Max – Brazil – Gamertag: Morocoto
Idris – UK – Gamertag: ImDzombieLegend
Wendy – UK – Gamertag: Mad Bad Vixen 
Alex – US – Gamertag: ElJibaro25
Stefano – Italy – Gamertag: STEPLATONE

Follow the Reaper_Tracker for hints where they will be. Thanks to Gnashes and Bizkitdoh for the feed and good luck slaying the Reaper!